Friday, February 10, 2012

Day 12

FINALLY FRIDAY!

Total Calorie Burn for today, again not including pool class = 3,347

I wanna show you a picture of the Van that we drive around in everyday!
Yes they all look just like this!

Ok so today was an alright day- glad it is Friday!

Hike-
We hiked a trail called Camel Back. It is about a 20 min drive from the campus which in turn makes our hike shorter. :( it was 2.12 miles usually our hikes are somewhere arounf 3.5-4.8 miles.

See the two humps? well those are the Camel's Back!
I climbed up the one on the right! :)

It was really a good hike and a lot of fun, I got to climb one of the camel humps at the top and I also got to go down into the vortex! I would post pics but I am in them.

We have been walking all over lava rocks and trails on pretty much all our hikes today I got to see one of the cylinders that the lava all came from:

Volcano Cylinder- zoomed in picture

Exciting news~ Today is the first day i have actually noticed a change with my body just by looking! :)

Classes:
My first class was pool, it was kinda boring today but still a tough workout

2nd class was a new class called Drums Alive- look it up on youtube if you want to see a video sample of what we were doing.  I thought going into the class that I would love it considering i was into drums growing up! I ACTUALLY HATED IT! I felt I didnt get anything out of it and I didnt even break a sweat :(

3rd class was circuit training- I was going to run on the treadmil during the cardio part but once i was on the treadmil i kept having this gut feeling that something was not right with my left ankle- it didnt hurt or anything i just had a feeling.  I ran for the firt 3 mins and then went to the weight machine and then when i went back to cardio i decided to not do treadmil and just go on the bike, i started to move and next thing i knew my Left ankle cracked and kinda had a spasm type numb feeling- if I would have been running when that happend i probably would have fallen and gotten hurt. So glad i listened to my gut and took it easy!

Meals-

Breakfast was two pancakes with a fruit drizzle (i think peach or orange) and a piece of turkey sausage and eggs. I didnt eat the eggs but the rest was really good.

Lunch was a Tostada- Freaking AMAZING!  It was really good and very filling, oh and we had mushroom soup as well (It was good but it was too salty and i could only eat about half)

Dinner was Lasagna but it tasted more like beef stroganoff.  It was good and it was made with ground turkey!

Dessert was a fruit kabob with had a banana(1/2) one piece of pinapple and one strawberry! Me, Jessica, and Christine had decided a couple of days ago that we were going to skip dessert today and go to golden spoon and get the 100 calorie serving of frozen yogurt! Which was perfect for tonight as the Kabob was 97 calories!  I got peanut butter flavored frozen yogurt with like 6 pieces of cookie dough (mini size of course) It was fantastic and just the right serving!

YUMMM :)

Then after Golden Spoon we went and saw the movie "The Vow"- It overall was a good movie, I however did not at all not even a little like the ending. I had no idea this movie was based off a true story but they do at the end tell you about where they are now which was nice considereing how the flippen movie ended.

Well off to bed- Saturday is Last Chance Workout Day, but first another morning hike! Christine leaves tomorrow night :(

Good Night All

No comments:

Post a Comment